Forward Africa Education Trust in partnership with NOUSPR
Here is the sponsorship criteria that we use to select candidates.
The Trust proposes to sponsor students where their circumstances are:
- The student is underprivileged (in the sense that the student is disadvantaged from continuing their education)
- The student’s family does not have the financial resources to continue to pay for the student’s ongoing education
- Or in other such disadvantageous circumstances as the trustees consider being appropriate to justify support
The student must show evidence of:
- The support of a recognised community group, NGO, educational or religious establishment
- A track record of educational achievement
- A willingness and determination to attend school
- A record of good conduct at school
- A record of regular and punctual attendance at school
- Satisfactory pass marks in key subjects including Maths and English
- The determination to overcome problems and challenges whilst furthering their education
- An eagerness for learning or a desire to pursue a particular career
- Financial circumstances of family (explain why this student needs financial support)
- Level of education attained and dates
- Educational Record (exam results in all subjects for previous year)
- Attendance Record (and reasons for any absence)
- Behavioural Record (evidence of good behaviour from school or other organisation)
- Which subjects/combination choice does the child wish to pursue?
- Proposed school and reasons for that choice
- Proposed class for sponsorship to start (S4 or S5 or S6)
- Why does this student wish to pursue their education?
- What are the student’s career aspirations?
- What are the school fees for the term and year?
- What are the additional costs for the student to attend the school (per term and per year)? Please itemise
- What is the proposed Parent /Guardian contribution? Financial or other
- Supporting Statement from Parent /Guardian Supporting Statement from Organisation